- All students can learn and should have the opportunity for success.
- Each student must be an active participant who takes responsibility for his/her own learning.
- Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share in the responsibility for facilitating student learning.
- Positive relationships and respect for self, others and their environment enhances the student's self-esteem.
- Cultural awareness and respect for diversity is essential in a multicultural society.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique needs, talents and abilities.
- Students should have a safe and comfortable environment in which to learn.